Monday, July 13, 2009

Lawyers: Have a Soul vs. Soulless - vote below

Lawyers – Have a Soul vs. Soulless – vote below. I just posted this poll on my facebook page. I'll be curious if it sparks discussion.

My contention is that lawyers are fundamentally good people.

When I got my first root canal, the dentist said that 94% of root canals go just fine, but the 6% of people who have difficulty are so vocal about it that the public thinks that root canals are horrific.

I wonder if it’s the same with lawyers. Perhaps the percentages need adjusted some.

What if that’s true? What if some small percentage of lawyers were the ones giving the whole profession a bad name?

Would it change the way you go through life? Would it change the way you look at each other to realize that the person at the other table has the same crap to deal with on a daily basis as you do? Maybe their life is just as challenging and they’re fundamentally a nice person who got stuck in the middle of a bad case…

Just musing…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haven't you heard there's a new federal statute that all lawyers must be buried twenty feet down?

That's because deep down they've found all lawyers are really good!

Dr. Leah - Consultant for Lawyers said...

Well, I agree that deep down there's good. :-)